With a growing focus on the need to incorporate coding into the classroom setting Scratch Jr enables an interesting opportunity for the younger student.
- teaches the concept of coding, using building blocks to get the character to move and speak.
- allows for the incorporation of other discipline areas such as creative writing, building a narrative. It can play the role of a story board.
- It is interactive, students get to see immediately how their story builds and can change it to suit
- characters can be personalised
- great tutorial in app
Things to consider:
- It is an app for the iPad, no other devices at this stage
- how to embed into the learning
- age considerations – at what age does it no longer engage
Creating a story with ScratchJr
The end result